Winter Immune Support Lentil Soup
- 2 cups HRS red lentils
- 2 tablespoons HRS coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon HRS himalayan salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon HRS turmeric powder
- 1 package of organic spinach
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 4 cups of low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can of organic coconut milk
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon parsely flakes
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1. In a large pot, add the coconut oil and garlic. Cook until garlic is golden brown.
2. Add in parsely flakes and let it cook for another 30 seconds. Add in turmeric powder, chopped onion, carrot, celery and cook until they soften.
3. Add in coconut milk, vegetable broth and lentils. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat to medium-high for about 25 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
4. Add salt.
5. Add spinach.