Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil 14 oz (6-Pack)
Organic extra virgin coconut oil is a highly versatile oil derived from the fresh, nutrient-dense copra, or flesh, of a mature coconut fruit. Unrefined, or extra virgin, coconut oil is the best kind of coconut oil because it goes through very minimal processing. It also offers the most health benefits and is more nutritious as well as delicious than its highly processed counterparts. If you opt for extra virgin coconut oil, you'll get to experience all the amazing health benefits pure coconut oil has to offer.
Health Ranger Select Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is a delicious, pure coconut oil that is laboratory verified for safety and quality. It’s a wonderful ingredient to add to smoothies or include in recipes. It is also a great source of plant-based medium-chain fatty acids that can support healthy energy levels.
Carefully sourced from growers in the Philippines, our organic extra virgin coconut oil is gently processed without the use of chemicals or bleach. It is vegan, non-GMO, non-China, certified Kosher and organic and is lab tested for glyphosate, heavy metals and microbiology. Stock up on our 14 oz bottles or get the most value for your money with our one gallon containers.
Health benefits of coconut oil**
Supports healthy digestive function – Coconut oil promotes healthy digestion by assisting in the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins, such as vitamins A, D, E and K. Compared to long-chain fatty acids found in other edible oils, the medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs) in coconut oil are also much easier to digest.
Promotes healthy brain function – An excellent brain food, coconut oil can help maintain mental alertness at any age. Coconut oil owes its brain-supporting properties to its abundance of healthy fats. A study published in the Journal of Neurobiology of Aging suggests that the MCFAs in coconut oil can support healthy memory and cognitive function in older adults.
Supports healthy cardiovascular function – Coconut oil contains high levels of MCFAs that support a healthy heart. According to a study published in the journal Circulation, these healthy fats promote the production of good cholesterol that can support a healthy cardiovascular system.
Promotes healthy immune function – Up to 50% of coconut oil is made up of lauric acid. This fatty acid is naturally converted into monolaurin by your body. Monolaurin is a compound that can support a healthy immune system.
Supports your body’s natural endurance – Whenever you experience minor fatigue, you can turn to coconut oil for help. An excellent source of fuel for your body, the healthy fats in coconut oil are known to support healthy energy levels. This is also why many athletes and bodybuilders use coconut oil to promote endurance and vitality.
Promotes healthy skin and hair – In most tropical countries, coconut oil is widely used for both skin and hair care. Using coconut oil as a hair mask can promote the growth of healthy and luxurious hair. It can also give your strands an extra shine. Meanwhile, coconut oil can be used as a moisturizer to nourish your skin.
Supports sensible weight management goals – The MCFAs in coconut oil are not stored in your body’s fat tissue; instead, they are quickly turned into energy. Combined with an active lifestyle and a balanced diet, coconut oil can complement any reasonable weight management plans.
Promotes healthy teeth and gums – There's a reason why coconut oil is important in the Ayurvedic practice of oil pulling. It is known to promote the optimal health of teeth and gums. Studies published in the Indian Journal of Dental Research also suggest that oil pulling using coconut oil can promote optimal dental health.
Maintains optimal gallbladder, pancreas and liver health – Making coconut oil a part of your diet can do your body's other functions a lot of good. Consuming coconut oil eases the strain on the pancreas because the MCFAs in coconut oil do not require the action of pancreatic enzymes to be broken down. The MCFAs in coconut oil also support healthy liver and gallbladder functions.
What can you do with extra virgin coconut oil?**
There is so much that organic extra virgin coconut oil can do for you. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Use it for cooking – The healthy saturated fats in coconut oil give it a high smoke point, making it a nutritious choice for a cooking oil. It is safe for high-temperature cooking and can even be used as a healthy replacement for butter.
- Use it for baking – Did you know that you can bake with coconut oil? If your recipe calls for shortening, you can briefly chill coconut oil until it becomes firm and use it as a shortening substitute. You can also use it to replace vegetable oils because unlike other oils, it doesn’t form any harmful byproducts when heated.
- Use it in smoothies – Add creaminess to your smoothies and protein shakes with one or two tablespoons of coconut oil. This is also a delicious way to experience its many health benefits. To avoid clumping, melt the coconut oil and blend it with ingredients that are already at room temperature.
- Use it for oil pulling – In the morning, swish one tablespoon of coconut oil in your mouth for 10 to 20 minutes. Do not swallow. Spit the oil afterward and rinse with sea salt water for unbeatable freshness.
- Use it to moisturize your skin – Warm a pea-sized dollop on your hand and rub it onto your skin in a circular motion. Allow it to sit for five minutes before wiping it away to reveal smooth and supple skin. This all-natural moisturizer can greatly benefit those with dry, flaky skin. It works best when applied after showering.
- Use it to condition your hair – Warm a small amount of coconut oil on your palms and work it into dry or damp hair. You can even dilute a few drops of rosemary essential oil in it for extra fragrance. Comb through to distribute it evenly, then allow it to sit for 30 minutes or longer. Remove the coconut oil with shampoo and warm water.
- Use it as a carrier oil – Coconut oil has powerful skin-nourishing properties that make it an ideal carrier oil. The topical application of aromatic essential oils diluted in coconut oil can help soothe away mental fatigue. Paired with certain essential oils, coconut oil can also serve as a relaxing massage oil.
- Use it to preserve natural wood – Keep your wooden furniture looking shiny by polishing it with coconut oil instead of commercial furniture polishes with toxic ingredients. Coconut oil can safely bring out the beauty of natural wood. It may also help repel dust.
Start your day right with this healthy beverage that’s sure to perk you right up and support healthy energy levels.
- 1 teaspoon Health Ranger Select Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (add more to taste, as desired)
- 1 cup brewed Health Ranger Select Organic Hand-Roasted Whole Bean Coffee
- ¼ teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- Organic sweetener of choice, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender or food processor. The brewed coffee should still be warm.
- Blend the mixture on high speed for 20 seconds or until it reaches a frothy consistency.
- Pour the mixture into a cup and drink immediately. Enjoy!
- USDA Organic
- Kosher Certified
- Laboratory Verified
- China Free
|Ingredients: Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil|
Serving size: 1 tbsp (14ml)
|Serving per container: 29|
|Product of Philippines|
|Storage instructions: Store in a cool, dry place away from heat, light and moisture.|
|**These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to treat, cure or diagnose any diseases.|
|Manufactured in a facility which may contain nuts (peanuts, tree nuts).|
This product is verified A+++ based on glyphosate analysis standards published at www.GlyphosateTested.com.
This means the product has been tested via triple quad mass spec (LS-MS-MS) and conforms to the glyphosate / AMPA limits required for an A+++ rating as described at www.GlyphosateTested.com.
| Low Heavy Metals Verified!
This product is verified A+++ according to the heavy metals standards published at www.LowHeavyMetalsVerified.org
This means the product has been tested via ICP-MS and confirmed to meet the limits for an A+++ rating as described at LowHeavyMetalsVerified.org.